Saturday 27 April 2013

Day Three


Last night's sleep was a rocky one but we could at least lay down. Being on the top bunk was a little scary at times and I was sure glad I attached the safety net last night, as it didn't take long for me to discover its purpose! I couldn't help but snicker out loud as I thought of mom on the top bunk of a small cubical with the roof only a foot from your face. I knew for sure she would've been claustrophobic, getting all hot and flustered!
 
We met another couple of very pleasant and friendly ladies over breakfast and chatted with the one for a good part of the morning! Sorry ma we are talking to every stranger we meet! And we have met some interesting ones! I am trying to keep track of everyone's names as we go!
 
We decided this morning not to get off in our original destination of San Jose and carrying on to Salinas, this was due to Granny's fear of getting out of San Jose. We decided to head closer to where our next destination by train!

 
Upon arriving in Salinas we rented a car and managed to get ourselves out of the city. Our journey took us to Pebble Beach, but our visit was short and sweet as it wasn't what we expected. So we then found our way to Pacific Groove. It is a cute character town with all old beach style houses. We hadn't planned where we were staying for the night but after walking around the small downtown we found a motel and checked in! It is right on the edge of the coast called Lovers' Point (Granny and I got a giggle out of that)! Most people are here for weddings or a weekend get away, but here Granny and I are just winging it! 
 
The hotel has character as well but is clean and so we have set up camp for the night. We can't figure out how to use the TV and they claim to have wifi but that is catch and go at the best!
 
We went to the famous burger joint in town for an early supper and man was that ever satisfying! Most of you know about my obsession with a good old burger so I quite enjoyed my patty with only ketchup! After dinner, Granny and I walked the coast enjoying the view and having no worries of where we needed to be or who was watching us! We took goofy pictures of each other and laughed as we strolled with not a care in the world.

 
 Once back at our motel I jumped in the shower and had a well needed and enjoyable hot shower, the first since we left! It is only 5p.m.as I write this but I think we are both about ready to hit the sheets. Tomorrow afternoon we are off to Big Sur! No technology there so may not be posting for a couple days!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment