Saturday 18 February 2012

A Night to Remember!

Today was just an overall amazing day! Started with lots of smiles and breakfast followed with lots and lots of playing! After a few hours of playing the water truck came and that in itself was an event of its own! The funny thing is was as soon as the truck rolled out the gate the rain came! A little rain to wet things down and then it stopped and out ran the kids from the house to play some more. Granny found a stick, Lucy got the music and we had a limbo party! LOL The girls had a blast and we got some chuckles in too!



Tonight was Canadian supper again! Seventy five hot dogs later the kids were still asking for more! Mom might be the only one who truly understands the whole ordeal of making supper for this group. Haha!

Once the dishes were done it was dark so out came the glow sticks for another great party! The kids all started dancing (jumping) and singing like the Masai! All you could see were the glow sticks around their necks and wrists as they bobbed in the dark. After this they all lined up on the steps and took turns picking which song to sing together. I guess you had to see and hear it for yourself, all these bobbing heads and singing voices with the sparkling canvas of stars behind them! I got some video of this but all you can see are the glow sticks. It really was something to experience!

Seems like these “OMG” moments are so common here and the effect doesn’t seem to rub off! Hawa’s giggle as she rambles in Swahili, Hasani’s laugh when you tickle him, the gentleness in Sam’s eyes as he plays with my hair, Ibra calling my name, Juma’s smirk when he tries to understand what you’re saying, Aisha smacking my taco (bum) as I walk by, Alex saying “no,no,no”, the list goes on but these are the little things I will miss so dearly! Trying not to think about what happens tomorrow...

Just trying to absorb every little smile and laugh and moment that takes my breath away and get as many pictures as I can! Leaving will be harder then I can explain. The kids keep asking when I will be back and there’s no doubt I will, I just haven’t set a date yet! But I have a feeling there will be lots of people in my life that will want to come with me next time! Just thinking about tomorrow makes me tear up so I better get to bed so I am up early to get every second in with the kids that I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment