Sunday 12 February 2012

Pool Party!

After arriving at Kibo we walked to the market in search of a bowl for mom and what an experience that was! After an hour of looking we left with a headache from dickering but with a bowl in hand. Rehema stayed with us for the night as our treat.  We all enjoyed hot showers and a movie before falling asleep for the night. In the morning the kids joined us for a pool party and lunch on us before mom headed to the airport. Half way through the party we got rained out but we had fun swimming in the rain for awhile!
Like we all expected, Mom had trouble saying goodbye. Rehema, mom and I were walking down to the lobby and the crocodile tears were already coming as she stopped to thank Rehema for everything.  Then when the kids came to say goodbye, the tears just kept coming and coming!

I know when it’s my turn It will be just as hard. These kids have captured our hearts in ways we never expected. Almost everyday I don’t know if I should laugh or cry. The stories of how they got here break your heart but their huge smiles and laughs bring joy into your life. This has been an incredible journey and I will cherish everyday I have left because I don’t really want to leave.

We hope Mom's plane came to get her and she gets home safely. I’m sure you will hear lots of stories from her before I get home!

1 comment:

  1. I think you expected them to capture your heart but maybe didn't understand how deeply you would start to care about the children. It is amazing that these kids who have valid reasons to be sad and unhappy, aren't. That's a lesson we can learn when we worry or stress about things that just don't matter!

    ReplyDelete