Sunday 19 February 2012

Thank you!

This trip has been one of the BEST experiences of my life! There are a lot of people who have followed my journey so thank you for supporting me in my dream! A big thanks goes to my Mom and Dad for the best grad present I could have ever asked for and the best way to finish off high school! Words will never explain this experience but Mom was here for part of it so she knows and thanks Dad for keeping the farm going while we were gone! Next time we come, you and I will have to go on that hunting trip Salidean promised me!

I don't know many kids my age that have a 68 year old Granny that will just drop everything and hop on a plane to experience Africa with her granddaughter! She truly is one of a kind and it was great to have her along for second half of my trip!

A huge thank you goes out to Dada, who is the silent force keeping all the day to day stuff going at Karim! This is a woman who scrubs clothes harder then anyone I've seen, who cleans floors by hand and cooks wonderful meals! She is the hardest working lady I know so "Thank you" Dada for everything you did for us and everything you do for the kids!

Then there's Juma, the quiet young man who is always busy doing something either around the yard or on his bike hauling something home! Karim needs a man like him around.  He does so much that no one sees!

And Linda, I really can't thank you enough! This experience wouldn't have been possible with out you and your dream! The children's lives wouldn't have been the same without you doing everything you do! You have such a big heart and just know you have touched a lot of lives because of it - including mine!

Also to the kids at Karim! Thank you for being you - this experience wouldn't have been the same without each and everyone one of you! I love you all!

And of course we can't forget Rehema, the woman who took it upon herself to take in these kids and give them a good home! There aren't enough people out there like you! Thank you for making it feel like home and welcoming us with such open arms!
Can't wait to see you all again soon!
I will keep posting more pics and stories
when I get home so keep checking!

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU for the kind words. Thank you for sharing this experience with me. You are an amazing young woman with a big heart. Always remember to "do what you Love and LOVE what you do" and your life will be awesome! Hope to see you all soon. Mama Linda

    ReplyDelete